44 Self Love AffirmationsOctober 9, 2022
Many people at some point in their lives are depressed and full of negative thoughts like…
“I’m a complete and utter mess and people don’t like me.”
“I hate myself. I am so worthless and can’t do anything right.”
“I just can’t fix the problems that are going on in my life.”
If any of these thoughts resonate with you, self-love is the way to break free from it. I know it may feel like a strange idea, when I first started I felt stupid and had no faith in positive affirmations. I’m here to tell you it truly does work!
It’s difficult to be loving yourself especially when you look at your past mistakes, the number of people you disappointed (yourself included), or judgemental thoughts that pop into your head. All of these feelings are natural as we experience negativity, doubt, and even failure.
But the truth is, we all make mistakes and fail many times in life. Learn how to love yourself and accept your own thoughts is mental strength. Dive into this list of self-love quotes to remind yourself to love yourself for who you are.
44 Self-Love Quotes To Love Yourself And Be Mentally Stronger
1. Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself.
2. Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.
3. Be proud of who you are, and not ashamed of how someone else sees you.
4. Be yourself. An original is so much better than a copy.
5. You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.
6. Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.
7. If you’re searching for that one person that will change your life, take a look in the mirror.
8. Stop underestimating yourself.
9. You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.
10. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
11. You are free, you are powerful, you are good, you are love, you have value, you have a purpose. All is well.
12. Put yourself at the top of your to-do list every single day and the rest will fall into place.
13. Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like your love yourself. Love yourself.
14. Believe in yourself a little more.
15. You were born to be real, not to be perfect.
16. One day I woke up and realised I was not made for anyone; I was made for me. I am my own.
17. There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let others get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
18. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right here.
19. The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.
20. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
21. It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.
22. Confidence is the ability to feel beautiful, without needing someone to tell you.
23. Self-confidence is the best outfit.
24. In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
25. Remind yourself that you cannot fail at being yourself.
26. Regardless of how anyone else feels about me, I am going to choose to love myself today.
27. No one is you and that is your power.
28. When I accept myself just as I am, I am freed from the burden of needing you accept me.
29. I am accepting myself unconditionally no matter what.
30. There is no sense in punishing your future for the mistakes of your past. Forgive yourself, grow from it, and then let it go.
31. Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.
32. Beauty begins the moment you decided to be yourself.
33. Falling in love with yourself first doesn’t make you vain or selfish. It makes you indestructible.
34. Self-love. It doesn’t mean that everyone will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. It means that you won’t let them change the way you see yourself; nor will you stick around for them to destroy you.
35. If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, but you also won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.
36. Demonstrate love by giving it, unconditionally, to yourself. And as you do, you will attract others into your life who will love you without conditions.
37. Never give up on anyone. And that includes not giving up on yourself.
38. I am not looking to escape my darkness, I’m learning to love myself there.
39. You’re a work of art. Not everyone will understand you, but the ones who do, will never forget about you.
40. Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.
41. To love yourself is to understand you don’t need to be perfect to be good.
42. Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.
43. Loving yourself is the greatest revolution
44. A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.
Using a self-love caption as a tool for mental resilience is smart and often necessary for those who emotionally harm themselves with their thoughts.
These quotes are able to serve as prompts and reminders that self-love is needed for growth and that everything, you’re experiencing is natural.
Learn to love yourself, and you’ll find it easier to appreciate what you have and where you will go in your life.